Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Raspberry financiers



I was craving for financiers with cold milk. I have some fresh raspberries leftover from making raspberry ripple ice-cream. Raspberry and almond financiers are a perfect combination. This is another way to use up my egg white.  I had a ton of egg whites in my freezer that I try to use up to clear some space in my freezer. I gladly baked this.

I had some freshly baked financiers with cold milk. Delicious! G and Z finished the rest after they came back from school.








Raspberry financiers (Modified from The Modern Café)
  • 100 g unsalted butter
  • 114 g egg white
  • 90 g caster sugar
  • 47 g almond flour
  • 47 g cake flour
  • 2 g baking powder
  • a pinch of salt
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract

Make the brown butter by melting the butter over high heat in a small saucepan. Continue to cook the butter until it turns brown.  Leave it to cool.

Sift together the dried ingredients. Add the brown butter and mix well until combined. Add the egg white to the mixture. If not baking right away, refrigerate the batter.

Preheat the oven to 160 degree C.


Scoop the batter into baking cups. Fill them three-quarter of the way full. Place the raspberry at the center of the molds and bake until the financiers turn golden brown around the border, for about 16 minutes.  Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Wow .. you are amazing. I haven't been here for awhile, you seemed to have made lots of yummy stuff lately

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gaye, thanks for dropping by my blog. I love your carrot cupcakes. They're super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ขนมน่าทานจัง

    ปล.จานสีฟ้าสวยมากค่ะอิอิ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blogs are very Knowledgable. I really enjoy reading them. Read More .

    ReplyDelete