Monday, January 23, 2012

Strawberry and lychee sorbet



The weather is so hot lately, so I decided to make fruit sorbet for the kids. G is a great fan of fruit sorbets. Any kind of fruit sorbet that I can think of, he loves them all. This is a really good sorbet recipe. It’s so delicious and refreshing, please try it. I made this strawberry and lychee sorbet yesterday. When the ice-cream maker stopped churning, I spooned the sorbet into little jars. These are little recycled yogurt jars. It’s very easy for the kids to help themselves to the sorbet from the freezer.








Strawberry and lychee sorbet (makes 1.2 litter)
  • 500 g strawberries, hulled and halved
  • 500 g lychee flesh (or substitute with 2x400g can lychees in syrup, drained)
  • 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
  • 110 g caster sugar
  • 125 ml water

Make a simple syrup by placing the sugar and water in a saucepan. Bring it to a boil until the sugar is dissolved. Put aside until cooled completely.

Place the strawberries and lychees in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour in the simple syrup and lemon juice and another quick blend to combine. Chill the mixture for at least 4 hours. Pour the chilled mixture into an ice-cream maker and churn according to manufacturer’s instructions until the sorbet is firm, then spoon the sorbet into containers. (I used recycled yogurt jars, made 10 little jars). Place them in the freezer for at least 4 hours before serve.

4 comments:

  1. Would be nice if I could make this for Aus summer -_-"

    ReplyDelete
  2. ร้อนๆอย่างนี้ได้สักถ้วยคงชื่นใจอิอิ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the nice blog. It was very useful for me. I'm happy I found this blog. Thank you for sharing with us,I too always learn something new from your post.
    লিচুর উপকারিতা 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing this informative & helpful blog with us. Find More

    ReplyDelete