Thursday, March 1, 2012

Spaghetti with Marmite


I found this recipe from the book call "Risotto with Nettles A Memoir with food by Anna Del Conte". What she said in the book is "This is hardly a recipe, but I want to include it because I haven't as yet found a child who doesn't like it."






It sounds very interesting. I wanted to try this recipe a long time ago but I keep forgetting. Today I read this book again so I decided to try this recipe. I cooked for G and Z after they arrived home from school. 
  "What is Marmite, mom?" G asked
  "Marmite is made from yeast extract very salty and savoury. It's like a sandwich spread. You can spread them on a bread to make a sandwich. Are you ready for Spaghetti with Marmite?" I asked
  "Yes, sure mom" G replied
I sprinkle some wasabi sprouts on top of the spaghetti. He ate it happily after with his spaghetti.
  "It's delicious mom, Are there anymore?" he asked
 The kids loved it.  Surprising but it's actually really delicious. It's so easy to make. It took me less than 15 minutes to make this spaghetti.






Spaghetti with Marmite (serve 3-4)

  • 350 g dried spaghetti
  • 50 g unsalted butter
  • 1 tsp Marmite
  • fresh grated parmesan cheese for serving (optional)
  • microgreen (optional), I used wasabi sprouts

Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water.
While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a small saucepan and add the Marmite and 2 tablespoons of pasta water. Mix throughly to dissolve, then pour over the drained pasta. Serve with plenty of grated parmesan cheese. I skipped the cheese and use the wasabi sprouts instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment