Saturday, September 17, 2011

Pad Thai for lunch

I've lived away from my home country for so long now. This is one of the Thai dishes that I've cravings for sometimes.  I don't normally cook Pad Thai. There are too many ingredients needed and too complicated to make, I'd rather order them in the restaurant. But today I have the inspiration to cook it and of course I want to shoot some photos. After breakfast, CP took the kids out for golf lessons. I prepared the ingredients for shooting before I cooked them for lunch. The house was quiet. I have to admit that sometimes I enjoy being alone at home to do the things that I like. Like ... baking and taking photos. I find it so fun and relaxing. It's like a retreat for me.














Pad Thai Sauce is the first thing that you have to start with.

Ingredients for Pad Thai sauce
30 g Tamarind juice
30 g Palm sugar
15 g Fish sauce
10 gSoy sauce
30 g Ketchup
80 ml Water
Salt to taste
Cooking Method
Add all the ingredients into the saucepan on medium heat until boiling. Let it simmer on low heat for 15 minutes or until the sauce becomes thickened.

Ingredients for Pad Thai(serve 2 persons)
200g Rice noodle
4 TBSP Pad Thai sauce
2 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
3 Shallots (roughly chopped)
10 g dried shrimps
12 Prawns (Medium size shelled and deveined) 
20 g Firm tofu (cut into small cubes about 1/4 inch diameter size)
20 g Salted White radish (finely chopped)
30 g Bean sprouts
20 g Chinese chive (cut into 1 inch long)
2 Eggs
2 TBSP Cooking oil
20 g Toasted ground peanut
Cooking method
-Soak the rice noodle in the water for 10 minute or until soft. Drain.
-Add the oil into the wok and fry garlic and shallot until translucent and fragrant then add the rice noodle, Pad Thai sauce,  prawns, salted white radish, dried shrimps and tofu.
-Then crack in the two eggs and stir well. Then add bean sprouts and chive, stir quickly for a minute and turn off the heat. Ready to serve.
-Serve it with toasted ground peanut, chili powder and a wedge of lime.

2 comments:

  1. แฟนคลับมาแล้วจร้าาา

    เห็นแล้วอยากหม่ำขึ้นมาเลยค่ะ

    ReplyDelete
  2. ของโปรดเลยค่ะสำหรับผัดไทย :)

    ReplyDelete