Saturday, December 24, 2011

Strawberries en Papillote with yogurt





We eat a lot of yogurt at home. I make my own yogurt. Store bought yogurt is way too sour for me. Making them on my own, I can control the sourness I want.  

I bought a lot of Korean strawberries today. This must be the Korean strawberry season. Fruits in season taste so wonderful. I decided to bake some of them, en Papillotewith vanilla bean, lemon thyme and muscovado sugar to have with my homemade yogurt. After baking, the smell is incredibly wonderful when you open the parchment bag. Such a refreshing and flora aroma. Try it if you want to know what it smells like. 


The combination of red from the strawberries against the cloudy white of the yogurt reminds me so much of the holiday season.  Here's wishing you all Merry X'mas and Happy New Year. Happy holidays!







Strawberries en Papillote
  • 300 g fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
  • 1/3 cup muscovado sugar
  • 1 vanilla bean, split
  • a few sprigs, lemon thyme(optional)
  • homemade yogurt, to serve
Preheat the oven to 200 degree C. Lay a sheet of parchment paper, 20 centimeters square, on a baking tray. Place the strawberries, sugar, lemon thyme and vanilla bean into the centre of the parchment paper. Place another sheet of parchment paper, 20 centimeters square, on top and fold the edges on all 4 sides to form a tight seal, like an envelope. Bake for 15 minutes or until the sugar has dissolved. I eat them with yogurt but you can also serve them with oats or muesli.

4 comments: